Friday, April 15, 2011

Party Preppin'

I'm having a little ditty a week from today...just for a few friends, to celebrate spring.  Even though it doesn't feel like spring outside...and I have yet to retire my winter sweaters, brrr, I still thought it would be fun to ring in the new season.
A few things that I've done to prep so far are as follows:
* To do lists.  I have lists for my lists.  So what?  They keep me organized.
* Pull out items to use for decor...such as solid/pattern paper in my theme color (green) to line platters with.
* Grow wheatgrass in eggs to use as table card holders (to display the names of the tapas on the main dining table).  I visited my local nursery to pick up potting soil + wheatgrass seeds and followed the instructions that I recently posted on my blog a few weeks ago...
And I tested some recipes...including milk chocolate chocolate flowers.  They were delish.
The prep continues this week.  But first comes Passover...stay tuned for some down home Boobie inspired cooking!