Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dim Sum, Yum!

I heart Asian cuisine.  Most specifically:  Dim Sum.
My favorite spot in NYC is Dim Sum Go Go located in Chatham Square.  I was craving it this morning when I woke up (often do so on Sundays) and my hubby was going to work for the day so it was just me and LM.  I tried to find a friend to join me but everyone had plans.  So I figured LM and I could just go alone.  After all, the lil guy is my best friend.  We'll find stuff to talk about I'm sure...
As I was packing I thought how can I make this lunch most enjoyable for myself with the lil banchi on my hands?  First things first - seating.  They do not have high chairs at this establishment.  And unfortunately I'm getting to a point where LM doesn't like sitting in high chairs at restaurants anymore.  So, I thought it would make sense to bring a long the portable Phil & Ted's chair that I've got.
What a genius idea.  It's light weight, fits into my diaper bag and is always easy to put on.
I attached it to the table as soon as we sat down and LM went in without making a peep.  He sat there and played with chopsticks patiently while we waited about 8 minutes tops for our food and just shoveled noodles and pork buns in his face for the rest of the meal.  Pretty amazing actually.  I had to pry him out this place...
As for the food - they don't walk around with the push carts but instead there is a menu page on the table with a pencil for you to mark off what dim sum you'd like to eat.  You hand it to the waiter and they bring it all fresh and piping hot, just how I like it.  There's also a full menu with all sorts of noodles, rice, beef, chicken and seafood dishes.  LM and my fave's are:
* Crispy pan fried noodles with beef (off the full menu)
* Chive and shrimp steamed dumplings
* Roast pork buns
* (any flavor - they are all amazing) Rice noodles
* Pork dumplings

Give it a go go...you won't be disappointed!
Dim Sum Go Go
5 East Broadway
New York, NY 10038
(212) 732-0796