Sunday, March 6, 2011

Earth

This weekend I flew to Toronto, my home town to celebrate my best friend's wedding shower.  Together with 5 other girls in the bridal party plus the M.O.B. (mother of the bride) we put together an outstanding event that had our bride raving over for days to follow.  It was a truly memorable party that she will never forget.

The theme was Anything Two Can Do.  We used famous couples as the table markers and put a photo clip with a personalized Wordle for each guest's place setting.  We had also requested the guests think outside the box for gifts as to relate to our theme.  We even made some suggestions such as:  wine tasting, dance lessons, couples massages, etc.
The venue for the shower is called Earth.  A restaurant located on Yonge Street just south of St. Clair.  The setting was modern and cool and their menus are derived from locally sourced ingredients.  All of the dishes served tasted fresh and full of flavor.
The service was impeccable as the staff worked with us on creating a personalized set menu, allowed us to bring in decor and our own cake.  Not to mention the managers and waiters were super friendly and nice.

My sister helped me out and used her crafty skills in the baking department to whip up bride + groom cake pops for the guests to take home as favors.  She is getting better each time she makes these tasty and beautiful treats which are quickly becoming all the rage.  We noticed they are now serving them at Starbucks!
I would highly recommend this restaurant to my readers who may live in Toronto or plan on visiting.   I was there over brunch but from what my friends have told me the dinner there is just as tasty!