Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beer in Toronto

In Toronto, for my best friend's wedding and my mom's birthday...my sister, bro-in-law-to-be and I took my mom out for dinner to celebrate - Thursday night.  We went to the Beer Bistro down on King Street just east of Yonge.  It was a decent young adult to middle age crowd mostly consisting of suit wearing biz guys grabbing a bite and a brew.  A creative list of dishes, heavy on the mussels and an extensive beer list (including pairing suggestions throughout the menu) make for a really nice meal at this place.  My mom and I shared:  tempura lobster maki rolls, potato pierogi topped with mushrooms and truffle and a bowl (more like a cast iron pot) of mussels with white wine sauce + frites (of course!).  We concluded the meal with a little surprise dessert for my mom...a half baked chocolate chip cookie - topped with a sparkler.  Yum.
Overall, too much food for me, but boy was it delish!  I highly recommend this place if you live in Toronto...or are there for a visit!
18 King Street East
Toronto, ON M5H 1A1, Canada
(416) 861-9872