Saturday, March 26, 2011

Toronto's downtown one stop shop for FRESH...

produce, cheese, pasta, meat, fish...peameal bacon, oh my!
Toronto's St. Lawrence Market is a historical landmark that you don't want to miss.  And if I had a place back at home, in Toronto, I'd want to live close by!
This weekend I visited the market to grab lunch and do some shopping for a spring fling dinner party that my sister was having.  We indulged in the famous Carasoul Bakery's peameal bacon sandwich on a kaiser roll accompanied by a fresh cup of their lemonade.
After lunch I helped my sis get all of the ingredients she needed for dinner.  Made me sad for a minute...because there is something very unique about this market which we do not really have back in New York.  Chelsea Market is very similar...but definitely more high end...
Fresh bacon just waiting to be eaten...
Guinness cheese....cool!
Making fresh pasta, ravioli.  Yum!
92- 95 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C3, Canada
(416) 392-7120