Saturday, March 19, 2011

A delicious snack

I had my in-laws over today for some play time with LM.  It was an all day play date starting with an Italian lunch out and later dinner that I was making.  So I needed something to serve in between around 4ish as a snack.  Something easy...and delicious.  So I resorted to my friend's moms recipe for white bean dip and pita chips.  It's incredibly tasty and very healthy!
White bean dip:  
* 1 can of white beans
* juice of half a lemon
* 1 garlic clove
* 1/4 cup parsley
* salt and pepper
pulse slowly and add 1/3 EVOO until all combined and smooth.

Pita chips:
Preheat the oven to 400.
Take a stack of pitas and cut them into quarters.  Place on a baking and drizzle with EVOO.  Sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder and kosher salt.  Bake for 10 minutes...or until the pita chips smell ready.  As Rachael Ray would say "your nose will know when they are done".