Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lunch today: A fire and then some Bubby's

Want a great idea for a New York adventure with your little one?  Well LM and I have the outing for you!  The FDNY Museum located on the outskirts of Soho.  A 2 floor museum made for young and old to explore the history behind the fireman, truck, gear and glories.  The staff was friendly and super helpful as they encouraged me to dress LM up in the little jackets and hats that they set out on one of the antique trucks...making for an incredible photo opp.  Too bad I forgot my camera and have to show you this amateure picture from my cell phone!    None the less, you get the idea.
Following lunch we trekked a bit to have lunch at Bubby's.  So worth the 15 minute walk.  Warm and cozy, Bubby's is the perfect place to have a relaxing lunch with LM.  Lunch isn't very relaxing with him anymore now that he's super active and impatient like his mother (who me?) so it's important for me to find a place that suits his needs.  That consists of restaurant that is NOT:  crowded, loud, slow service and/or has bad food.  Bubby's is perfect and it meets all requirements.  LM did not make a peep through the meal.  I ordered a cup of whole milk, hot cocoa and eggs with pancakes and sausage.  The pancakes were fluffy and delicious and the eggs were perfectly runny.  All parties, satisfied.  Check it out...

FDNY Museum
278 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 691-1303


Bubby's
120 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 219-0666