Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dinner at Supper

An oldie but a goodie...long standing cheap eat SUPPER located on 2nd street between A and B (closer to A).  My husband and I love coming here because the food is always consistent.  The flavors are rich and the food is beyond delicious.  Without fail I always get the basic ol' tomato bruschetta.  There is something about how they salt those tomatoes that makes my skin tingle.  I usually get a pasta dish to follow but this trip I got an order of of veal meatballs (an appie) and garlic sauteed green beans.  Dynamite.  The meatballs were sticky and almost crispy on the outside while super juicy when you bit in.  And the green beans were Frenched (my favorite) and perfectly oiled with garlic and salt.
Check it out if you're looking for a no frills date night.  And most nights be prepared to wait.  But good news - they have an adorable wine bar next door to hang out and drink at while your table is prepared.

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life.  It was 10 years ago today that we went on our first date.  xo

Supper Restaurant
Northern Italian Osteria & Wine Bar
156 East 2nd Street
New York, 10009
(212) 477-7600