Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hawaiian pulled chicken

My Aunt is always sending me fast and easy recipes.  She's like the Sandra Lee of Toronto...she takes fresh base ingredients and adds pantry items to cut down on chopping and "patchka'ing" in the kitchen.  She's got three boys, a husband and 2 cats to feed...not to mention works a full time job for the government.  So she does not have time to waste time in the kitchen!
She just sent me this recipe for Hawaiian pulled chicken and I just had to try it.  This recipe takes 8 hours to make...not sure how she found the time to do it...she must have had a day off.  I put it up around 1pm and ate a bit late to get it perfectly cooked.  Since the chicken had been cooking for 6 hours come time for LM to eat I just pulled a bit out for him and boy did he love it...
Sweet, insanely tangy and melts in your mouth.  This recipe is a must for family dinner!  Here's the recipe...I chopped up some pickles to top my sammy and made a side salad.  Thanks Aunt D!
For 5 people I used:

4 boneless breasts
6 boneless and skinless thighs

1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
1 onion sliced in chunks
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I used a Diana Chicken and Rib sauce)

Soft Rolls or Hamburger buns

Use a Crock Pot (or dutch oven)

Place your washed chicken in the pot. Top with onions. Then Pineapple (well drained) and the entire bottle of bbq sauce.

Slow cook for 4 - 6 hours. One or two hours before serving take out the chicken and PULL apart with two forks. Place back in pot and cook for another one to two hours to absorb sauce.

Serve on buns! Enjoy!!!