Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Gedding in Mexico

A Gedding:  A gay wedding.
My dear friends just tied the knot in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  What a trip!
My LM walked down the aisle as the ring boy, with the help of his papa...and I was honored as one of the bridesmaids.  The wedding was basically like a fashion show.  One of the grooms is VP of production for Alice + Olivia (my fave) and the other is a designer for DKNY.  So I'm sure you can imagine...this dream team put on quite the show!  They had the most amazing outfits themselves...gorgeous tux's &  shoes and had the gals in the bridal party dolled up as if we were going to walk the tents at Bryant Park for fashion week.  Each of us glammed up in our own one of kind black Alice + Olivia dress.  Amazing.
As we all got ready in the presidential suite we noshed on Mexico pizza, nachos + guacamole and salads.  Everything was delish and much needed for fueling up prior to the long night we had ahead.
As for the wedding, it was beautiful.  From the touching commitment ceremony on the beach to the gorgeous ocean backdrop, everything was just perfect.  I especially loved the personalized shot glasses that the boys had made up as give aways...as well as the beautiful tables under the pergolas that were right on the beach.  Not to mention the DJ was fantastic, the cake was gorge and there were fireworks! 
It was the best gay wedding I've ever attended, also the first.  And I couldn't be happier for my pals who got hitched.  I wish them nothing but happiness together forever.  xoxo