Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tails & Tomatoes

Tonight's menu inspired by Martha Stewart's latest Living Magazine summer issue…Perfect meal for the high heat outside:
Hot wheels (grilled brie wrapped with bacon and sage) & sliced baguette
Peaches, basil & red onion salad
Lobster & red + yellow tomatoes
Slow baked potato with butter and sour cream
I went to Eataly today to pick up some new place mats and treated myself to a grocery shop there.  That's got to be once and a very little while because boy it costs a pretty penny!  But damn, their produce is good and if you love to cook and eat - then it's so worth it.
I used white peaches which were crisp and crunched perfectly together with the red onion.  I had the lobster cooked at the seafood market for me so all I had to do was make the tomato topping.  The recipe calls for a simple vinaigrette that was a great dressing for both the salsa and lobster.  And the watercress which I dressed with a lemon, salt & pepper was a nice added touch.
A very fresh, healthy, bright and delicious meal.  I highly suggest it!