Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Perfect pork

After a long day of working and errands plus throw in some gardening…I thought I'd try my hand at a super easy but delicious sounding recipe.  Well, that's just what it was.  Easy + delicious.  And as always, I have Martha to thank.

I went to my butcher out east, who I frequent quite often and I adore, and asked for some bone in pork chops.  He said no problem…and came back from the industrial size fridge with basically…a pig.  It had to be the freshest, tastiest piggy I've ever eaten.  I don't make pork often because I typically over cook it.  But not this time…the pork turned out to be perfectly seasoned and incredibly juicy.

Follow this recipe to a tee and you will not be disappointed….I paired with a butter lettuce salad and some simple Jasmine rice.

Ingredients

  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grates
  • 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons coarse salt
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3 pounds total)

Directions

  1. In a bowl, mix together garlic, oil, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, and cayenne until a paste forms. Coat pork chops with paste and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3).
  2. Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill pork, covered, 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.