Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Flatsy Chicken

So here's the deal...my Boobie who is 89 years to date is out of control.  She's the cutest woman on earth.  She cooks the most delicious food I've ever eaten.  Heavy, distinct flavors that radiate through her old fashioned cooking are irresistible.  I've tried my hardest to replicate her dishes and all though I try and try they will never come close.  Very good and tasty my way...just not the same as Boobie's.
One (well they all are really) of my favorite dishes is her "flatsy chicken".  Like you flatten chicken and fry it.  I can't exactly tell you the recipe because she's very sensititve to that but I can tell you how I do it...

1 package of boneless skinless chicken cutlets sliced thin
bread crumbs (any type you have on hand)
2 eggs
garlic powder
Mazzola oil (this is one of the secrets - so keep it on the DL)

Prep your chicken:  You need to "flatsy" it.  Using a cutting board that can handle meat so you can wash it in the dishwasher when you're done), hammer the meat till its as flat as it can go.

Mix your eggs up with a couple shakes of garlic salt.  Give a good stir with your fork.  Add the chicken and let it sit out while you prepare the rest of your dinner for that night (I like to serve with blanched peas doused in butter and s+p as well as mashed potatoes).

Using a large (GOOD) non stick frying pan, add some Mazzola oil to cover and heat on high.  Drop the chicken into the pan and fry till golden, about 3-4 minutes per side.

Serve hot out of the pan along with a bowl of chicken soup and some healthy sides and enjoy!